Lawn Care Methods
When it comes to your yard, you want the lushest, greenest grass to boost your home’s curb appeal and show onlookers that you care about your yard maintenance. However, there is some strategy behind your lawn care that you need to follow to keep your grass healthy.
Consider the dos and don’ts of yard maintenance before causing any damage to your grass and your landscaping appearance. Here are some essential mowing tips to guide you through your yard upkeep:
There are some habits you must continuously conduct to support your lawn care. The things you must always do when following necessary mowing tips include:
- Mow your grass when it is dry
- Use mowers with sharp blades for consistent, precise trimming
- Change up your mowing patterns, so your lawn growth doesn’t experience any ruts
- Aerate your lawn to break up soil compaction and help oxygen and water access your grassroots, and promote overseeding for new grass to grow in scalped areas
By committing to these mowing tips, you will notice your grass growing at a steady pace, so it looks full and vibrant on your lawn.
There are some harmful habits you should always avoid when following lawn care. Here is what you should never do:
- Cut more than 1/3 of the grass blades
- Scalp your lawn, so it appears bare, and the grass is almost non-existent
- Letting your grass grow so long it bends, which can cause accidental scalping and lawn patches
By neglecting your lawn care or failing to follow these mowing tips, you may notice your lawn looking brown, patchy, and dry. This will make your property seem unappealing and become an eyesore in your neighborhood.
Some lawn care can be done on your own. However, it’s best to count on professionals to properly aerate and seed your yard.
Contact Secure Lawn today to start growing a beautiful lush lawn.